About the Role
● Set and maintain database standards.
● Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
● Automate various provisioning, maintenance tasks using scripts and automation tools.
● Monitor and maintain the health, performance and availability of our production services in order to prevent outage and issues.
● Help improve overall team productivity relating to development, testing and deployment.
● Analyze, maintain and optimize databases.
● Performance tuning - a deep understanding of index, query, and table performance and how to resolve issues.
● Working collaboratively with other technology professionals to support technology programmes, projects and workstreams.
● Developing relationships with internal resources and third parties to aid incident and issue resolution.
● Develop processes for optimizing database security.
● Manage database access and permission
● Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical field.
● 2+ years experience in database administrator or database ops engineer or similar.
● Proficient with data manipulation languages, including MS SQL, MySQL, or NoSQL.
● Excellent knowledge of logical and physical data models, metadata definitions and models, queries and reports, processes, and maintenance procedures.
● Experience in database operations.
● Strong desire to learn and share knowledge with others.
● High understanding of startup pace.